Whole Body Nutrition
Food choices are the most important element of a healthy lifestyle. A diet rich in whole-foods, in fresh foods, in real foods can impact our lives more than almost anything else. The problem is, most of us are eating processed foods, sweetened foods or foods loaded with artificial flavors and chemicals. It has become a pandemic. That’s why we all must make a conscious choice to stop clamoring for convenience and instead choose to nourish our bodies with nutrients and vitamins from healthy foods.
Macronutrients: Proteins, along with fats, water and carbohydrates are all examples of macronutrients. Although they may have a variety of functions, they are usually consumed in mass quantities and provide the body with the bulk of its energy.
Related Product: ProPeas
ProPeas contains 12 g of clean, vegan protein per serving. Not only does protein provide energy, but it also assists in weight management by improving satiety, building lean muscle mass and enhancing the metabolism.
The Vitamins and Their Basic Roles
Vitamins and minerals are micronutrients. Vitamins are fat- or water-soluble compounds. Minerals are inorganic and retain their chemical structure. Traces amounts of these substances are needed for general well-being, development and growth.
- Vitamin A: vision, immune system, reproduction. Assists with heart, lungs, kidneys and other organs.
- Vitamin C: wound healing, immune system, antioxidant
- Vitamin D: bone health, muscle health, immune system, nervous system
- Vitamin E: antioxidant, immune system, blood flow, cell interaction
- Vitamin K: blood clotting, bone health, blood flow
- The B Vitamins are a diverse group of vitamins that assist a number of bodily functions. However, they are most well-known for their roles in brain and nervous system health, metabolism and cardiovascular health.
Vitamin A: Just Carrots, BarleyLife, BarleyLife Xtra, LeafGreens, CoCoa LeafGreens
Vitamin C: BarleyLife Xtra, CalciAIM, Peak Endurance
Vitamin D: CalciAIM, Veggie D
Vitamin K: BarleyLife, BarleyLife Xtra, CoCoa LeafGreens, LeafGreens
B Vitamins: Peak Endurance
List of Major Minerals and Their Basic Roles
Calcium: bone health, muscles, nervous system, blood flow, hormones, enzymatic reactions
Iron: blood production, moving oxygen throughout the body, hormones, connective tissues
Magnesium: muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, electrolyte regulation, blood pressure as well as making protein, bone, and DNA.
Potassium: electrolyte regulation, nerve function, muscle control, and blood pressure.
Iron: CoCoa LeafGreens, LeafGreens
Magnesium: CalciAIM, Mag-nificence
Potassium: Red Rush, RediBeets