C Is for Calcium

What comes to mind when you hear the word calcium? Milk? Maybe. For many people, the childhood push to drink milk is related to calcium for strong bones. So the thought of bones is also likely to pop into your head when considering calcium.

This makes sense because we know that 99 percent of the calcium in our bodies is stored in our bones and teeth. That leaves 1 percent in our blood, muscles and other tissues. Interestingly enough, when it comes to the body weight of most adults, 1 – 2 percent of the load is calcium.

Besides the 99 percent being essential for strong, healthy teeth and bones, the 1 percent of calcium is needed for a variety of vital body functions:

Sourcing Your Calcium

Certain foods, including dark leafy vegetables, salmon and dairy products, and a supplement such as CalciAIM are good sources of calcium.

But if you don’t get enough of this essential mineral from dietary intake, then the body takes what it needs from your bones. Borrowing from your bones can lead to porous bones that are susceptible to fractures and breaks.

The idea is to get enough from the foods you eat or a suitable supplement so that your bones aren’t weakened as you age.

How Much Calcium Do You Need?

The adult recommendations for daily intake of calcium are as follows:

Women ages 19 to 50Men ages 19 to 70
1,000 mg1,000 mg
Women over 50Men over 70
1,200 mg1,220 mg

As recommended, dairy products such as milk provide a lot of calcium. But if this white liquid didn’t have vitamin D added to it, the calcium wouldn’t be properly absorbed. And this is a crucial component when choosing a supplement.

Calcium supplements that do not contain vitamin D or other nutrients that are required for its absorption can actually be harmful to your health. This is because your body doesn’t assimilate calcium very well without the presence of certain nutrients, such as vitamin D, magnesium or zinc.

Additionally, most calcium supplements are in capsule or tablet form, which make it difficult for your body to digest and fully absorb this mineral. Calcium carbonate is one of the most difficult types to digest, but in powder form it has been proven to be more absorbable than calcium citrate tablets. Carbonate is one of the three types of calcium in CalciAIM powder.

CalciAIM Delivers

When you mix one rounded scoop of CalciAIM powder in 8 to 10 ounces of water, it’s as though you get a pre-digested source of calcium—lactate, gluconate and carbonate. Even the difficult to digest calcium carbonate is turned into its easily absorbed ionic form.

But CalciAIM goes beyond calcium. In this tasty drink mix is vitamin D, magnesium, zinc and L-lysine HCL, all of which enhance the absorption of calcium. So CalciAIM gives you nutrients your body needs to fully assimilate it. 

And one serving gives you 386 mg of calcium, which is an amount that your body can handle. You shouldn’t take more than 500 mg at one time. You can take more than one serving of CalciAIM, but each should be taken at different times of the day and with food.

All of the careful thought and planning that went into formulating CalciAIM makes taking this supplement a very effective way of getting enough calcium in your diet.


The AIM Companies has been dedicated to improving the quality of people’s lives with life-changing products like BarleyLife and Herbal Fiberblend and by rewarding passionate Members with a free-enterprise compensation plan.

Published by The AIM Companies

The AIM Companies pioneered the use of plants—barley, carrots, and beets—as vehicles to deliver the body concentrated nutrition conveniently. Founded in 1982 in Nampa, Idaho, The AIM Companies has operations in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, providing AIM products to more than 30 countries around the world.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: