by Melanie Zeluf, AIM Royal Emerald Director
It has always been my high honor and great privilege to be a part of AIM. This is in the forefront of my mind and heart whenever I share the AIM products and business opportunity with others. We are independent distributors representing AIM. Whether sharing one-on-one in an impromptu setting or at a market or meeting, the guiding principles should be the same. This is what I perceive to be best practices in my role as AIM Member:
1. Professional conduct. Reliance on AIM-approved materials. Personalized care and attention to detail. Really listen to what the client is expressing or asking.
2. Adherence to legal parameters. Avoid making claims of cures or mitigation of symptoms. Rather stressing wellness, self-stewardship and whole-body health through improving one’s nutritional profile.
3. Identifying Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Vegan and Kosher products as well as those with assigned NPNs in Canada when appropriate.
4. Distribution of AIM’s Membership Agreement to prospective new Members as part of a sign-up package.
5. Be clear in sharing, when people ask, that AIM has not pursued organic certifications, but the AIM products are grown under organic standards. (AIM has a couple of articles on this topic which I always keep handy as this is a commonly asked question.)
6. Accompany product samples and new customer purchases with detoxification and product specific datasheets to provide product instructions and a healthy serving of caution regarding the possible symptoms of detoxification.
7. Liberally dispense business cards so contacts at public venues can follow up in the future. Because of the nature of these sometimes fleeting contacts, many people are justifiably guarded regarding sharing personal information.
8. The beauty of public venues like markets is that potential new Members initiate the contact, so there is automatically some degree of interest which can then be fueled.
9. Always maintain credibility by admitting if you don’t know something and committing to finding out. A prompt response by reviewing AIM literature or accessing AIM’s Live Chat on the website is always well received.
10. I attempt to customize the timing of sharing and emphasis on AIM’s business opportunity based on the expressed, pressing needs of the person who I am sharing with. In other words, I exercise tempered restraint of my unrelenting exuberance for everyone to know and experience AIM as I have for the past thirty years!
Amidst some of the aforementioned formalities, let your passion and compassion shine through. The timeless adage, “People want to know that you care before they care what you know” still holds true.
Simultaneously, it is essential to challenge yourself to lifelong learning at the AIM Academy and comprehensive basic training for all Members. Embark on it, proceed at your own pace and revisit the content as needed. It’s a wonderful confidence-building tool on anatomy, physiology, the products and the AIM business opportunity. Upon completion, you will have another title at the end of your name: Living Well Coach.